Rumble’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the position of Artistic Director.
Rumble Theatre produces contemporary plays from the Canadian and world repertoire, commissions and produces new adaptations of outstanding stories, and fosters meaningful interactions between emerging and established artists. Rumble believes that theatre is a place where community is built, a place where we can gather together to gain a deeper understanding of our selves and greater empathy for our neighbours.
The guiding principles that direct Rumble’s work are:
- We are driven by curiosity about the world.
- We believe in listening with compassion.
- We create with a spirit of generosity.
About the position
Our new Artistic Director will be responsible for:
- Curating and communicating a compelling artistic vision for Rumble, providing the company and its stakeholders with artistic leadership;
- Coordinating and overseeing all of Rumble’s artistic activities, including the creation of commissioned adaptations and the development of new projects;
- Overseeing Rumble’s mentorship programs for emerging artists;
- Working in conjunction with the Managing Producer to:
- Convey Rumble’s artistic vision to public and private funders;
- Review allocation of resources to implement artistic choices;
- Represent Rumble to donors and local/national theatre communities.
The Artistic Director works in partnership with the Managing Producer and Director of Operations, reporting directly to the Board. Rumble can accommodate the Artistic Director’s occasional non-Rumble artistic work.
Ideally, the position will start in August 2018. The role is full-time with a salary of $42,000, plus extended benefits. To accommodate existing commitments of potential candidates, Rumble is flexible for the position to be part-time for the first year.
Rumble’s ideal candidate for Artistic Director has:
- At least five years of theatre experience;
- Knowledge of national and Vancouver-based theatre communities and practices;
- A passion for relationship building, mentorship of emerging artists, dramaturgy, curation, facilitation, and process;
- A demonstrated ability to engage communities.
Rumble is committed to meaningful inclusivity and to building equitability within and amongst Vancouver’s communities. We strongly encourage submissions from individuals who self-identify as being from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. Unfortunately, our current office space is on the second floor with no elevator access.
How to apply
Please email your resume and one-page Expression of Interest to Christie Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 2, 2018, 11:59PM PST. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates advancing in the process will be contacted. All applications will be treated confidentially.
To download a hard copy of the call, click here: Job Opportunity – Rumble Theatre Artistic Director