CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: SCRIPTS – TREMORS FESTIVAL
The Tremors Festival is Rumble Theatre’s biennial festival of emerging talent, featuring contemporary plays acted, directed, designed, stage managed and run by emerging artists under the mentorship of established artists from the professional theatre community. We invite submissions of new plays from playwrights from across Canada who selfidentify as emerging and who wish to have their scripts considered for production. We are interested in new Canadian work and new adaptations of established texts that:
- Have a running time of 45-75 minutes;
- Are ready to be produced (do not require further development);
- Have not yet been published, but may have been previously produced;
- Can accommodate a cast of three or more;
- Have modest tech requirements;
- Reflect the diversity of Canada allowing for casting that includes diversity of gender, ethnocultural background, and ability. We encourage work that takes risks, embraces diversity, and has guts. Playwrights will be compensated according to industry-standard performance royalty fees.
Please include a copy of the script, a current CV, and a short letter telling us about yourself and the play. Electronic submissions are encouraged. Rumble Theatre does not provide feedback on submitted work. No phone calls please.
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
1422 William Street
Deadline for receipt is Nov. 15, 2015
For more information on Tremors and on Rumble Theatre, visit www.rumble.org.