By The Good Things Collective
Presented by Rumble Theatre
April 16 – 18 (previews) and April 24 – 26, 2020
***EXTENDED RUN: April 30 – May 2, 2020 and May 9 & 10, 2020***
Tickets $5 – Click this link to register now at Eventbrite
ABOUT THE SHOW
‘You are safe here.
But out there
I’m not always sure.’
Blending live and recorded sound, a dreamy, solitary physical environment, and an unexpected use of technology, Good Things to Do invites participants to place themselves within a dreamscape in which they possess extraordinary powers. This wondrously immersive experience is a meditation on goodness, generosity, and the struggle to stay tender in a world that asks us to be hard.
Originally conceived as an installation-style performance piece, Good Things To Do has been re-tailored for an at-home experience. Though the work is still in development and was not scheduled to be performed this season, the creators, galvanized by the possibility of offering participants some respite from the current surge of intensity and uncertainty, found the work to be well-suited to digital transmission. The moment dictated the medium—and emboldened the project with new urgency.
Good Things to Do was conceived by Siminovitch Protegee Prize recipient Christine Quintana, in collaboration with Jessie Award-winning collaborative artist and violinist Molly MacKinnon, with sound and recorded music by Jessie Award winning composer Mishelle Cuttler and an original digital interface created by digital artist Sam MacKinnon. The piece appeared in workshop form at the inaugural foldA in Kingston, and at the rEvolver Festival in Vancouver.
Want to find out more about the show?
Go to goodthingstodo.ca and start exploring.
AUDIENCE ADVICE: WHAT TO EXPECT
- Preregistration for Good Things To Do is required and capacity is limited – just like an IRL show! Because of the interactive nature of the performance, your attendance must be confirmed 15 minutes prior to the start or your spot will be offered to someone else. You will not be seen or heard, but every participant’s presence is significant to the performance.
- Much of the piece requires you to do some reading.
- On the day of the show, a host will get in touch with you with information about how to experience the performance, and to help you get set-up before beginning.
- This piece lasts for 45 minutes, and should be viewed all the way through (cannot be paused or re-started).
- This piece should be viewed alone – folks in the same household should book separately and enjoy from separate rooms.
- A fully charged laptop and headphones are important for the performance but other set-ups are possible – ask us at email@example.com
Show times (all PDT):
Thursday, April 16 @ 8:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday, April 17 @ 8:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, April 18 @ 8:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday, April 24 @ 5:00pm – 6:00pm | 6:30pm – 7:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday, April 25 @ 5:00pm – 6:00pm | 6:30pm – 7:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Sunday, April 26 @ 5:00pm – 6:00pm | 6:30pm – 7:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Thursday, April 30 @ 5:00pm – 6:00pm | 6:30pm – 7:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Friday, May 1 @ 5:00pm – 6:00pm | 6:30pm – 7:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday, May 2 @ 5:00pm – 6:00pm | 6:30pm – 7:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday, May 9 @ 4:00pm – 5:00pm | 5:30pm – 6:30pm | 7:30pm – 8:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Sunday, April 26 @4:00pm – 5:00pm | 5:30pm – 6:30pm | 7:30pm – 8:30pm | 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Running time: Approx. 45 minutes
Co-creator: Christine Quintana
Co-creator and live sound: Molly MacKinnon
Digital Design: Sam MacKinnon
Sound Design and recorded music: Mishelle Cuttler