Calling New Board Members!
Join our Board!
Are you a fan of our work, or otherwise general cool Vibe? Looking for a way to get involved? Join our Board!
Rumble is in search of new board members to join our board of awesome folks. Rumble is a registered charity and not-for-profit organization, and as such Board Members play a vital role in overseeing the goings on of the organization, and helping us expand our networks to different communities.
Board members commit to:
- Attending Board meetings (every two months, with a break in the summer months)
- Serving on a Board/Staff sub-committee relevant to their growth and interests
- Voting on resolutions regarding the operations of the organizations
- Providing relevant advice to the staff of Rumble based on their expertise
- Helping to promote the organization as an ambassador in their networks, including fundraising initiatives
- Attending and participating in Rumble’s Annual General Meeting (usually November/December each year)
Who makes a good board member?
- Endeavouring to devote some volunteer time to the cultural sector
- A fan of Live Performance
- Can attend most of the board meetings over the year
What kind of expertise do I need?
Rumble aims to keep our board well balanced with a mix of folks of varying levels and areas of experience to encourage knowledge exchange and mutual benefit in learning between board members and the staff. That said, areas we are currently seeking expertise on include:
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Fundraising and Development
- Marketing and Communications
- HR, Labour Policy & Governance
- Emerging Artist Perspectives
How do I apply?
Those who are interested should send an email to Jivesh Parasram, Artistic Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating their interest, and relevant expertise (including other expertise not listed above), as well as areas they are hoping to learn more about if applicable. A CV is also appreciated, but not essential.